This soup came about because a head of lettuce starting to go bad in my fridge : ( I didn't want a salad so soup it became! This soup is perfect when you're looking for something lighter yet still nutritionally dense. The ghee gives it a creamy taste!
1 head of lettuce
4 leeks (white part only), chopped roughly
4 cloves garlic, chopped roughly
1 cup cauliflower florets
4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons ghee
- Saute leeks in ghee with salt and red pepper until leeks are translucent.
- Add garlic and cauliflower and sauté for another minute. Stir garlic and cauliflower into leeks.
- Add 4 cups of water and lettuce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Puree with a hand blender or transfer to a blender to puree.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and enjoy!