One large filet of halibut (I usually get one pound of fish per person to be safe)
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of packed basil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine pesto ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Line a baking dish with an over sized piece of parchment paper-- make sure the parchment paper is large enough so you can fold the sides over the fish to form a pouch.
- Using a knife, cut little 1/2 inch long slits into the fish that are about 1 inch apart up and down the fish. Fill slits with a about a 1/2 teaspoon of pesto. Sprinkle entire fish with salt.
- Fold the parchment paper over the fish and twist the ends so the pouch stays sealed shut.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Leaving your fish in the parchment paper, transfer parchment paper pocket to a serving plate. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
- Use leftover pesto for salad dressing or to put on baked vegetables!