1 pound of ground meat, grass-fed and organic
1.5 tablespoon mint, chopped finely
1.5 tablespoons basil, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons of ghee for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients well-- I use my hands to mix. Roll into 9-12 meatballs, depending on how large you like them.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of ghee. Once the pan is hot, add meatballs and cook on medium heat. Cook on all sides-- meat should be cooked to medium rare. This should take about 5-8 minutes.
- Place meatballs on your baking dish and pop them into the oven.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until meat is cooked to medium.
Serve with pesto or tomato sauce!