- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large cauliflower chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves grated
- 1/4 tspn salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut or break cauliflower into florets.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and place the cauliflower florets on the tray.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in frying pan and toss melted oil into cauliflower. I use my hands to make sure it is well coated. Then place florets in the oven for about 10 minutes while making your sauce.
- On low heat, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, and then add cumin, thyme, sumac, paprika, salt and garlic. Add the garlic last since it cooks very quickly. Stir mix for about 3 minutes on low heat.
- Remove slightly baked cauliflower from the oven and toss in your sauce. Again, I use my hands or tongs if it is too hot. Continue to bake for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower starts to brown and crisp.
- Add more salt to taste
This goes perfectly as a side dish with chicken, fish or meat. I also love tossing this into my green salads to add some heartiness and warmth.