If you're not in love with eggplant or you aren't sure about it yet, this is the perfect gateway recipe. These baked eggplant chips are crispy, salty and crunchy, making them the perfect replacement for corn or potato chips. They are delicious on their own, or you can enjoy them with dip, like myTomato-Basil Hummus recipe or guacamole.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced thinly (about 1/3 of an inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Put eggplant slices into a bowl and drizzle olive oil. Mix with your hands to make sure all slices are well coated.
- Place eggplants flat on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Salt to your liking
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Keep checking on them and turn midway through.