These bars are perfect for breakfast, on-the-go throughout the day, or an afternoon snack. Since these bars are filled with fat, fiber and protein, they will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep your blood sugar balanced until your next meal. Chewy, delicious and nutritious!
What you'll need:
2 cups chickpeas (about one can) (fiber)
1/2 cup of tahini (fiber)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened) (fiber)
1/8 cup sesame seeds
3 large dates, chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (anti-inflammatory)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (anti-inflammatory)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (anti-inflammatory)
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (anti-inflammatory)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
▪ Preheat oven to 350 and grease baking dish (I used an 8" x 8" pyrex dish) with coconut oil
▪ In a high speed blender or food processor, add chickpeas, tahini, shredded coconut (save some for topping), vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Process until batter is smooth.
▪ Fold chopped dates into batter
▪ Scoop batter into baking dish
▪ Sprinkle sesame seeds and shredded coconut on top
▪ Bake for 60 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
▪ Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a rack for another 30 minutes
▪ Cut into squares and enjoy!