These bowls are the perfect lunch to pack for work or throw together for a quick + easy dinner. I just use whatever is in my fridge or pantry. The foundation is always salad greens and then I add whatever else is available - this one has peas, chickpeas, kale, cucumbers, avocado and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Avocado adds a lot to these bowls so it is usually a staple for me.
- A medium sized bowl-- I use a Pyrex glass bowl that has a top so I can bring my lunch to work
- Two large handfuls of greens (should fill about half of your bowl) - try spinach, arugula, kale-- feel free to mix them up
- 1/2 cup of beans - I used chickpeas but lentils, black beans or kidney beans would also be great
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1/2 avocado
- Handful of broccoli florets
- Other great additions: beets, carrots, artichokes, hearts of palm, snap peas, onion, radish, chicken
Fill half of the bowl with your base of greens and add your salad fixings either on top or side by side.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup miso (I use organic traditional red miso by Miso Master which you can find at Whole Foods)
- 2 tablespoons tahini, I use this brand
- 3/4 cup warm water
Blend all ingredients together in a blender or mix in a cup/bowl