I love this thick and creamy twist on chocolate milk. Aside form tasting amazing, I know that when I eat hemp seeds I am delivering loads of nutrition into my body. Furthermore, hemp seed milk is quicker to make than other nut milks, because you can avoid the extra step of straining the nut pulp. Once blended, it comes out smooth.
A Few Reasons Why Hemp Seeds are Winning:
- Complete protein. Hemp seeds are one of the few plant-based complete proteins
- High in omega 3 fatty acids
- High in minerals like magnesium, zinc, calcium and iron
- High in fiber, both soluble and insoluble, supporting your digestive health.
- Contain B vitamins (1,2,3,6), Vitamin A, D and E.
1/4 cup raw hemp seeds soaked overnight - I like this brand of organic hemp seeds
2 cups water
3 teaspoons of cacao powder
tablespoon of coconut sugar or 1 date (optional)
pinch of sea salt
teaspoon of vanilla
sprinkle of cinnamon
Soak hemp seeds overnight (or for 2 hours at least). Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender and enjoy!