I love artichokes. We used to eat them all of the time growing up. Usually they were steamed and served along side a creamy dip as an appetizer before Sunday night dinners. Artichoke soup has a very unique flavor. The sweetness seems to linger in your palette. I personally love it. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 leaks (only the white and very light green part)
- 1/2 tablespoon of thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zucchini - 2 cups chopped
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 3 cups of water
- Heat ghee in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté until the leeks are soft and translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add thyme, salt and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add artichokes, zucchini and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Partially cover your pot and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. I use a vitamix.
- Serve alongside your favorite protein. I enjoyed this soup with baked salmon.