This soup is perfect for cleansing and is also very nourishing. I love this soup because I know I am getting my essential phytonutrients and minerals into my body and also helping my system to detox unwanted toxins. I make a batch of this soup about once a week.
1 tbsn coconut oil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 heads of broccoli, roughly chopped
1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 tspn salt
4 cups water
Optional topping: fresh mint leaves
- In a medium sized pot, heat coconut oil and add chopped onion and salt. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add broccoli and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add water. Cook until water boils.
- Once water has boiled, decrease heat to low-medium, and cover your pot. Cook for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender (Vitamix is my preference) and puree.
- Serve with a splash of olive oil and chopped mint!
This recipe makes about 4 bowls of soup.