There is nothing like a piece of warm freshly baked bread...dipped in olive oil...or spread with butter. Oh, and that amazing, almost tangible smell to light up your entire house. So good. If this sounds sinful, I have a wonderful surprise for you. This Rosemary Olive Bread recipe is completely grain-free, contains essential fats and protein and is full of hearty fiber. Dare I say healthy? I dare! Most importantly, it is delicious. And it's easy to make. Try it out and let me know what you think.
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsn apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 2 tbpn fresh rosemary, finely chopped (spiced is ok too)
- 2 cups ground almond meal
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease baking sheet
- In a medium bowl, combine chia seeds, flax seeds, eggs, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chopped olives and rosemary. Add chia/flax mixture and mix well to form a thick dough. Form a large ball with the dough.
- Put ball of dough onto greased pan and form a oblong-- see below
- Cut three diagonal slits on top of loaf
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool, then slice to serve.
*This recipe is from Better Nutrition Magazine